Monday, November 10, 2008

The New Cabinet Game

I was a week ahead of myself when I told that Obama was going to the White house to meet with Mr. Bush. I guess I got too excited, but it really is supposed to happen today. I'm sure it will be a cordial meeting paving the way for the transition team. Many are hoping that Bush can be convinced to implement some of Obama's proposed changes before he leaves office, but they forget the definition of lame duck.

The Presidential Puppy search continues to be mentioned every day. It's amazing how we can stretch out a thin story with endless speculation. I'm sure that the official decision and announcement will come at Christmas... But anytime you see Mr Obama's daughters in front of the news cameras be prepared for another manipulation, watch the not so subtle twisting of the leader of the free world around incredibly small, dainty fingers. Mr. Putin, this is how its done...

By now all of the pundits have tried to guess who will be chosen for the top government posts, which Republicans will be asked in the spirit of bi-partisanship. Probably, Robert Gates will remain on as Secretary of Defense, and Ben Bernanke will stay in charge of your money. I don't see Paulson being retained, especially after he arrogantly said a few weeks before meltdown that he had the situation well under control when asked by Congress. Throw in Mueller as head of the FBI and you have enough continuation to satisfy the most diehard conservative.

For Secretary of State, New Mexico's Governor Bill Richardson would be a good choice, though I would like to add Leon Panetta for consideration. I would ask Colin Powell to be Director of Homeland Security, and Hillary Clinton as top dog at Health, Education, and Welfare. I would then ask Bill Clinton to be the ambassador to the UN. Notice how the Clintons seem to have fallen off of the media's radar lately? Either disband the CIA, or blend it in with the NSA because it has been ravaged and gutted and distrusted so much that it needs rebuilding and oversight. As for AG, anyone but the milktoast who's there now will do a better job, so throwing darts at names tacked to the wall will work fine...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting. I always try to respond...